The purpose of Manufacturing Software is to provide a set of computerized features to assist in the purchasing, receiving, manufacturing, shelving, selling, picking and shipping of inventory within a warehouse facility. Depending on the software, a variety of other features may be available, such as providing Multiple Locations, Tracking, Transfer Orders or Consignment.
Manufacturing Inventory Software
Manufacturing Software will typically provide the following features:
• The ability to adjust inventory
• The ability to track information
• Access to multiple locations
• Manufacturing with Bill of Materials parts
• Transfer orders
• Access to multiple costing methods
• Integration with an accounting system
• Reports and data for forecasting techniques
Companies that can manage and control their inventory are much more likely to be successful and efficient when it comes to saving money.